August is National Immunization Awareness Month
We all need shots (vaccines) to help protect us from serious diseases. This protection is called immunization. To help keep our community safe, Express Family Care is proudly participating in National Immunization Awareness Month.
Shots can prevent serious diseases like the flu, measles, and pneumonia. It’s important to know which shots you need and when to get them.
- Now is the time to get your children up to date for school.
Everyone age 6 months and older needs to get a flu vaccine every year. Other types of shots work best at specific ages or life stages.
- If you have a child age 6 or younger, learn which shots your child needs.
- Find out which shots you need as an adult.
- Use this chart for adults to see if you are up to date on your shots [PDF – 145 KB].
- If you’re pregnant, check out this recommended immunization schedule [PDF – 255 KB].
Talk to your doctor or nurse to make sure that everyone in your family gets the shots they need. To learn more, visit Express Family Care.
Jimmy Tisdale is a graduate of the OU Family Nurse Practitioner Program. He focuses on providing prompt, thorough care while educating patients about their conditions and ways to stay healthy using current evidence-based research.
Annual Physical, Health Screening Tests and Vaccinations
Certified Medical Examiner for the US Department of Transportation
Minor Burns, Scrapes & Cuts Requiring Stitches/Staples
On site cholesterol and diabetes screening.
Family Planning, Well Woman Exams, Birth Control
Get Your Young Athlete Prepared for the Season