April is Alcohol Awareness Month
Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injuries, violence, drowning, liver disease, and some types of cancer. This April, during Alcohol Awareness Month, Express Family Care encourages you to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of drinking too much.
In Oklahoma alone, there were 180 fatal drunk driving accidents in 2016. To spread the word and prevent alcohol abuse, Express Family Care is joining other organizations across the country to honor Alcohol Awareness Month.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Choose a day each week when you will not drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you keep at home.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, offer to help.
For more information, visit Express Family Care.
Annual Physical, Health Screening Tests and Vaccinations
Certified Medical Examiner for the US Department of Transportation
Minor Burns, Scrapes & Cuts Requiring Stitches/Staples
On site cholesterol and diabetes screening.
Family Planning, Well Woman Exams, Birth Control
Get Your Young Athlete Prepared for the Season