February is American Heart Month
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, Express Family Care is proudly participating in American Heart Month. Locally, 7.6% of Oklahomans are affected by heart disease, making our state number 4 in the nation.
- Oklahoma has the 3rd highest death rate from cardiovascular disease in the country.
- Know your personal risk factors to reduce your risk.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
For more information, visit Express Family Care.
Annual Physical, Health Screening Tests and Vaccinations
Certified Medical Examiner for the US Department of Transportation
Minor Burns, Scrapes & Cuts Requiring Stitches/Staples
On site cholesterol and diabetes screening.
Family Planning, Well Woman Exams, Birth Control
Get Your Young Athlete Prepared for the Season