April is Alcohol Awareness Month
Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injuries, violence, drowning, liver disease, and some types of cancer. This April during Alcohol Awareness Month, Express Family Care encourages you to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of drinking too much.
In Oklahoma alone, there were 72,503 drunk driving accidents in 2015. 590 were fatal. To spread the word and prevent alcohol abuse, Express Family Care is joining other organizations across the country to honor Alcohol Awareness Month.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Choose a day each week when you will not drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you keep at home.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, offer to help.
- For more resources visit https://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/Substance_Abuse/Resources/index
- or come visit us at Express Family Care